Cappawhite GAA club was founded in 1886. In 1930 we joined the West Tipperary Division with the formation of the West Board. The club purchased our present grounds on the Tipperary Road, just outside the village in 1974 with a second adjoining playing field developed in 2002 to meet growing demand.
Since then we have installed floodlights and developed our dressing rooms. In 2017 we completed our viewing stand and in 2019 opened our ball wall. Further development of our grounds is planned including a walking track.
We are also fortunate to have the use of the modern facilities in the adjoining Community Resource Centre.
The bedrock of any GAA club is built on its juvenile club and we are proud to have a strong underage structure in place at the present time. This has been developed through the efforts of our coaches, parents, local schools and volunteers.
A comprehensive history of our club – “The Cappawhite GAA Story 1886-1989” was published by John Kelly in 1989 and is a great reference point and source of information on our story for that period.
You can also check out our roll of honour section here on our site which is continually being updated.
We also plan to add some interesting facts and snippets from history so check back in soon…